5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT AAROGYA SETU APP
Aarogyasetu app is a mobile application developed by the Government of India to protect the citizens of India and also gives awareness of the inadvertent situation of COVID-19, intending to enable Bluetooth based contact tracing, mapping of likely hotspots and dissemination of relevant information about COVID-19. It is launched on 2nd April 2020.
the App has over 114 million users as on 26th May which is more than contact tracing any other app in the world. The app is available in 12 languages and on Android, iOS, and KiOS platform. Citizens across the country are using this app to protect themselves they’re loved once and the nation, may youngsters called Aarogya Setu as their bodyguard. The main aim of this app is proactively reaching out to and informing the users of this app regarding risk, best practices, and relevant advisories about the contentment of COVID-19.
How to install the app?
- If you are an Android user then Go to the play store and search for Aarogya Setu App, and if you are an iOS user the go-to apps store.
- Then click on install and download it.
- After this turn on your Bluetooth, and grant access to the app.
- Enter your mobile number and verify it via OTP.
- The app will ask for your personal information like name, age, gender, etc. Fill it up.
How the App will work?
The Aarogya Setu app will manage the location of smartphones and Bluetooth to discover weather you possessed become in contact with a positive person, also it gives alert for you are in or near the high-risk region. if any of the connection test positive then the app will calculate the chances of infection.
- It is a contact tracing app to inform the users about the identified corona patients if they are near the location.
- If a person is inspected positive then his information is recorded in the app and alert all the users who come in alliance with the infected person.
- The app ensures that you have been within six feet of an infected individual by the use of Bluetooth characteristics.
- The app is secured and you’re data will not be shared with any third parties.
- If any suspected person is observed through the app the government takes spontaneous action for the isolation of that person also informs about this to the nearest user for the precautions.
FACTS OF AAROGYA SETU:
As per the app’s user base increased the app will be upgraded with the new features. For instance, the app will gate e-pass functionality. also, it will be introduced feature phones soon which will help to trace the spread of the virus better.
Both government and private organizations are pushing people to download the Aarogya Setu app. There are some things you should know about it.
- Aarogya Setu app is all mandatory for all governments and public sector employees.
- The government has also made the app mandatory for private-sector employees.
- The Aarogya Setu app has also been made compulsory for the people who are living in coronavirus containment zone.
- Once the smartphone manufacturing resumes in India, the Aarogya Setu app is expected to be pre-installed on smartphones in India.
- Aarogya Setu app is also compulsory for air, train, travel, and more. E-passes and utilization of Aarogya Setu in travel is a step in that direction.
Aarogya Setu is the most downloaded healthcare app in the world:
Aarogya Setu a government app developed for tracking COVID-19 patients has become the most downloaded healthcare application and top 10 downloaded apps in the world in April, Niti Ayog CEO Amitabh Kant said.
The app developed under a committee set up by the Prime Minister’s office with active involvement Niti Ayog and the ministry of electronics and IT.